In August 2023, we launched our new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Implementation Plan 2023–2028,
as a commitment to our ongoing journey to help create a more inclusive arts community.
The Implementation Plan consists of six key actions that address areas requiring development. These are:
- that Arts Council definitions of the artforms and practices supported can be more inclusive;
- that our funding model can be more accessible;
- that EDI integration of our working practices and of our support for and engagement with the arts sector can be improved;
- that our knowledge on barriers to participation and inconsistent approaches to communications and outreach can be developed;
- and that we will continuously monitor and evaluate EDI initiatives.
The development of this plan marks the Arts Council’s continued commitment to eradicating barriers that prevent full access and participation in the arts in Ireland.
The EDI Implementation Plan is available in the following languages: