The Arts Council has a long-standing partnership with a number of Irish universities offering Writer-in-Residence/Fellowship positions to provide university students of Creative Writing MA and MFA programmes with an opportunity to work with and learn from a professional author of distinction, and to enable writers to develop their work while in a position of relative financial stability.
The Arts Council Writer in Residence was established to provide a stimulating environment for the resident writer, and afford a degree of financial support to concentrate on their own practice. Additionally, the residency brings energy and dynamism to the university, and allows students and faculty to engage with a practicing writer for a concentrated period.
Applications are now open for the following Writer in Residence positions:
- Irish-language Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
- Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
- Writer in Residence, Maynooth University
- Writer in Residence, NUI Galway
- Writer’s Fellowship, Trinity College Dublin
- Writer in Residence, University College Cork
- Writer in Residence, University College Dublin
Writers must apply directly to the University. The closing date for all positions is 5.30pm on Thursday 29th September 2022.
←Return to the news