Arts and Disability Connect (ADC) is a scheme open to artists with disabilities working in any artform.
This scheme is designed to support artists with disabilities to make new and ambitious work. It offers artists the opportunity to:
- connect with other practitioners or venues;
- make a change in their practice;
- ‘step up’ in terms of scope and scale;
- reach new audiences and to engage in mentoring and training.
Funded by the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon and managed by Arts & Disability Ireland ADC continues to be tailored closely to the needs of artists living in the Republic of Ireland in a way that complements other funding opportunities available.
Arts and Disability Connect has been created in response to the changing needs of the sector in the Republic of Ireland and in line with Arts Council commitments outlined in its Arts and Disability Policy 2012 - 2016 (PDF, 3.98MB). Arts and Disability Connect has three funding strands.
Arts and Disability Connect New Work
- Maximum award of €15,000
- For more established artists with a strong track record in their professional practice who wish to work with artists and arts partners to develop new work and present in established arts organisations, venues, and festivals etc.
Research and Development award
- Maximum award of €5,000
- This award is for mid-career and established artists who want time and resources to think, research, reflect and critically engage with their practice. It can be used to ‘buy time’, develop new relationships with arts partners in order to submit a New Work application in the future or to develop other strategic partnerships.
Arts and Disability Connect Mentoring
- Maximum award of €3,000
- For artists at all stages of career development including emerging artists who wish to engage in mentoring opportunities.
Arts and Disability Connect Training
- Maximum award of €1,000
- For artists at all stages of career development, including emerging artists, who wish to engage in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Application process and deadline
All application forms, guidelines and information documents can be downloaded here: www.adiarts.ie/connect
A completed application form along with all supporting material must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using WeTransfer
Tá leaganacha Gaeilge de na foirmeacha iarratais agus treoirlínte ar fáil ach iad a iarraidh.
Contact Arts & Disability Ireland at 01 850 9002 or email email@example.com